Written by Zella Pavlov MA, RD/LD
Meal prepping: the key to a stress-free week! Enjoy the benefits of saving time, money, and sticking to your healthy eating goals with just a little planning and preparation.
Recipe makes approximately 8 servings and is super handy for prepping at the beginning of the week for easy lunches throughout the week.
Enjoy as is or serve over a bed of lettuce or in a tortilla to change it up throughout the week!
3 - 4 Chicken Breasts, skinless/boneless (approx. 8 oz ea)
Ground pepper, salt and garlic powder (up to preference) - to season meat
1-3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning or Chipotle DASH Seasoning (season to your liking)
1-3 tsp Oregano
16 oz Salsa
- Season chicken breasts on all sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Put 1/2 cup of salsa in the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Then add the chicken breasts to the pot, setting them on the salsa.
- Sprinkle the oregano and taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour the remaining salsa over the chicken, covering it.
- Put the lid on and use the manual setting with a 12-15 minute cook time. After the cook time is complete, let it naturally release pressure.
- Remove the chicken to a large bowl and shred it. My favorite way is to use a hand held mixer on low and it will shred it in seconds! Then add any liquid leftover to the chicken to keep it moist.
Sauté Peppers and Onions
~6 Large Green Bell Peppers
~3 Large White Onions
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Thinly slice peppers and onions
- Place oil in a large saucepan on med-high heat
- Add peppers and onions to pan (might need to double batch this to cook evenly)
- Season with black pepper, salt, and/or other seasonings of your liking
- Saute peppers and onions until thoroughly cooked
Servings: 8. Serving size 1 cup
2 cups of long grain white or brown rice
4 cups of water or chicken broth
(optional) cilantro and lime juice
- Follow directions to cook rice on package.
- May use a rice cooker, or instant pot.
- Add flavor diced cilantro and lime juice to taste
Servings 8 ½ cup servings